In honour of Kerrie's 30th birthday she is holding a competition to win GBP30 of HipKnits yarns. Details can be seen here
So here goes here is my 30 things.....
1. I am an orphan.
2. I threw my husband out the weekend Princess Diana died.
3. I have lived alone since then.
4. I will only talk about my marriage in detail when drunk.
5. I grew up in Liverpool.
6. My doctor was in Penny Lane, he was called Dr Endbinder and Jewish (honestly !)
7. My first job was knitting for a wool shop, I was 16.
8. I went to private school and hated every moment.
9. I always wanted to be a nurse.
10. I ended up working in IT support.
11. I won two handicraft cups at different ploughing matches last year.
12. I have two ginger tom cats.
13. Every year I say I will not watch Big Brother, every year I end up watching it.
14. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
15. My mother made my school clothes.
16. I have more four ply wool then I will ever use.
17. I like to collect old books.
18. I don’t like mowing the grass.
19. I love pruning trees and shrubs.
20. I have more power tools then most of my male friends.
21. I like living in the countryside.
22. I passed my driving test first time, six months after my seventeenth birthday.
23. I started school on my fifth birthday.
24. And on the birthday theme, I will be forty this year, but think I’m still in my twenties…
25. I can’t swim.
26. I have recently started an Open University degree in Health Studies.
27. My paternal grandmother’s father came from a village less than forty miles from where I live, I didn’t know this when I moved here.
28. My friends are more important to me than my family.
29. I like to grow unusual varieties of vegetables.
30. I will eventually knit a wedding ring shawl, even if I end up in a padded room on serious medication …