I decided to give this another go, as I've got another set of WIP's from the last time I answered... If anything doesn't make sense, please ask...
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?Love to knit with natural fibres – wool, silk alpaca and mixtures.
Loath with a passion eyelash and novelty yarns that have never seen a sheep !!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?Wooden straights in a felted needle roll made by a friend.
Some of dpns in a plastic box.
Circulars and others in a cool bag ….
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?Cant remember how long I’ve been knitting, but have been knitting for gain for about 25 years… so think I’m towards the advanced skill level.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Not current
5. What's your favorite scent?Lavender, mown grass, coffee
The smell of tea makes me ill…
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?Oh yes !!! Love dark chocolate, and coffee flavoured sweets.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?Yes to spinning, I also do machine embroidery, patchwork, felting, gardening, baking and have more power tools than the average man !!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)Most things pre 1990… not sure about the MP3s…
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?Love earthy tones and purples/blues.
I don’t do pastels and whites, yellow & oranges…
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?Live with my two cats, life is far less complicated that way..
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?Yes to scarves and mittens, hats do not like me and I don’t like ponchos !
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?For a while I’ve been having a lace love - but I also like cables, and am really enjoying doing some colourwork.
13. What are you knitting right now?A version of the Kauni cardi, two lace shawls, a 4 ply cardi and jumper, something in Noro that I’ve only just started, and there’s a dk cardi that just needs sleeves and a collar and some unmentionable presents… and I’m sure there are more missing in action…
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Love long straights (knit underarm) but also do a lot of circular knitting
Try to knit with wooden needles to try and save my hands…
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?Yes to both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?Cant remember it is a jumper that only needs the neck doing, I cant manage to find it and the pattern at the same time !!
18. What is your favorite holiday?Being in the north of Scotland appreciating the wonderful countryside.
19. Is there anything that you collect?Knitting books, especially old magazines from the beginning of the last century.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?Subscribe to Rowan, Simply Knitting (UK) and Interweave. Buy Vogue when the patterns interest me…
Would love to have some Socks that Rock patterns and yarn, plain coloured sock yarn for fancy feet … Anything that cant easily be got in the UK....
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?How to hold yarn in left hand, how to crochet left handed (keep on being asked at shows..)
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?Yes ;-) UK 5, foot length 9 inches.
23. When is your birthday?8 September
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?Not yet – another 4000 to go ….