Thursday, December 22, 2005

Happy Christmas and sewing it all up


I've been good today and finished sewing up a jumper, made in Colinette Point 5, think colour is Jay.


And this is Lizzie in Noro Kureyon 153. Didn't really like knitting it, there were bits of twig/straw in the wool. Will have to see if it gets any softer with wearing...




And finally Happy Holidays.
This is an advent calendar I made earlier in the year. Each bed is a pocket for pressents, and all the heads are hand embroidered. It was a labour of love and helped me win handicraft cups in two local ploughing matches.

4 Comments:

Blogger KnitYoga said...

Nice work. Bits of twig in the Noro seems to be about par for the course. I've got the same with the Silk Garden I'm knitting at the moment. Also I've found that all of the Noro I've knitted has knots in it which considering it's quite pricy I find a bit disappointing. I still love the Noro nevertheless. I really like your advent calendar! Welcome to blogland and have a great Xmas!
Hazel

10:36 am  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

well done Sue on your finishing the 2 cardigan/jumpers. Love the advent calendar also:)
amber

4:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lizzy looks very beautiful, I like this pattern and I like to knit it myself in the next time :-)

Have a nice day,
Mareike

10:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lizzie looks gorgeous - really bright and colourful. Hope it is proving comfy to wear as it would be such a shame not to.

11:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home