Thursday, January 12, 2012

Not a Bread Bin


Today I went in to some charity shops in Ross on Wye.

I was looking for a bread bin.

This is not a bread bin, but is what I came home with....








Looking up the serial number is was made in 1916 in Clydebank.


I played with the handle in the shop and it went round very smoothly.







Not played with it properly yet.

Maybe a job for tomorrow, or the weekend.

I loved the way the handle folds so that the cover goes on.








It might be a slow learning curve as I have to work out what all these do...

And how to attach them, need to search for some sort of instruction booklet on line, or just do some working out comparing old with new...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Wibbo said...

I downloaded a pdf manual for my Singer which is even older than your one - can't remember which site, but I googled for Singer manuals.

7:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks pretty much identical to my 1941 model, which was my Nan's wedding present - it's amazing (to modern eyes!) that they produced the same one for so long. I have the instruction booklet for mine, with instructions for a variety of attachments, I can't tell if they're the same as yours from the pictures (they're at different angles) but if you can't find a manual to download, drop me a line on Rav with your email address and I'll scan it and send it to you. It says No 28 on the front of the booklet I've got.

11:30 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Looks good:) decided I am not going back to sewing so will be selling my 2 berninas I think. Anyway this looks much nicer:)

4:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fight against the SOPA/PIPA bills isn't over. Keep the Internet free of censorship, neutral, and accessible. Don't take our freedom on the Internet for granted. Call your state rep and Congressperson and ask them to vote no on these bills.

http://sopastrike.com/

10:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home