Monday, January 29, 2007

Drum roll please........



Angela Wrap by Sharon Miller.

Cherry Tree Hill Merino Lace colour Java.

Cast on either 7 or 8 January 2007

Knitting completed 27 January 2007

That's less then three weeks on the needles !!








I had a slight false finish on the grafting, I grafted and then realised that I should have done one row less plain knitting for it to balance at both ends.

So I ungrafted, unknitted and then re-grafted






This is one of the ends.



I did the centre pannel shorter than the suggested 15 repeats, so my version has 10 points and is the right length for Shorty Sue ;-)







I had a little helper while I was blocking, he was such a good boy didn't try and lie on damp wool.....

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Less than three weeks? I am speechless!
(that doesn't happen often)

6:21 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

Magnificent piece of work, btw.

6:22 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

YOWZA! You are indeed a Mad Knitt'en Kitten;)
Just BEAUTIFUL!

7:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely! Chivs that is and the shawl's nice too... ;-P

8:14 pm  
Blogger blueadt said...

Speedy knitting - puts me to shame!

11:09 pm  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

That is beautiful and you sped through it to :)

11:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooooh - stunning!

12:13 pm  
Blogger susoolu said...

I think a full blown Philharmonic, with extra kettle drums.

Gorgeous piece of work (and I hate you for being so quick - how is the O.U. work?).

1:23 pm  
Blogger belaybunny said...

wow, that's stunning. I wish I had your patience ;)

2:40 pm  
Blogger MandellaUK said...

That's beautiful Sue. Congratulations!

And I can't believe how fast you knit it.

3:16 pm  
Blogger feltedfibers said...

What a fantastic wrap, its beautiful!!

8:57 am  
Blogger Stitch 'n Dye said...

Speedy Gonzalez Sue... is what we'll now christen you:)

It's gorgeous and so quick to knit ggg...

Well done. And two trips to Get Knitted - that's just too much!

9:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous!

11:05 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Lush. Mmmm. You are such a fab knitter and I take my new Wellington hat (from Cabin Fever) off to you.

10:36 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Bloomin heck girl that's fast and it luverly too :)

7:47 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Wow! That looks amazing.

2:48 pm  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

That's so beautiful! I've been wondering about knitting that and am so pleased I found yours through google. Also you may have started it on my birthday! - a sign maybe? :)

12:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home