Sunday, January 21, 2007

Stash additions


First some books I got in the week...

If anyone has seen the vogue shawl one they will be able to guess which I'm going to make first ... and it wont be for me but my 80 year old neighbour...




Here is what the good girl got yesterday.

Three sock and 2 lace - sorry cant remember what there was....

The Painter's Palette book (there were two copies in the shop, after we had looked they were in our bags...)

The latest Sublime book and a Magic loop booklet.




And here is my haul...
I could have been very bad but I dont think I was.....

Cascade 220 to make this





Two cone of cotton like yarn.


960g each and at a grand cost of £15 each they had to come home with me.....

They will probably end up as shawls...





Another bargain of the day, the green wool was £10

And the last signed copy of Painter's Palette - think I know what some of my 4ply might become.... and no it wont be the trousers !!!




And I bought a few potatoes today.
Now these aren't all for me, they are to be split between 5 familes....

Smile - because I had to, and it tastes good...

Kerrs Pink - a good all rounder

International Kidney - salad, which can be left for a main crop.

Innovator - long oval slightly floury good cropper.

It was very difficult to choose from about 100 varieties...


And now I'm going back to my wrap, just about to finish the 5th point on the second side, only three more and then I get a different pattern to remember, not bad as it hs only been on the needles 2 weeks and I've all sorts of distractions since I cast on....

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger blueadt said...

Ohh I wish I lived nearer to Bristol. The GK shop looks amazing! I love your stash :-)

5:21 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

That's some serious stash enhancement, you've got some lovely stuff. I can't wait to see what it all becomes.

11:39 am  
Blogger maylin said...

If I had to make a guess I would say you were not on a yarn diet. I am so envious I think I would have been happy just to walk around and fondle yarn (it looked huge). Obviously I would have been even happy to have lotsa money to exchange for yarn. Sigh....

3:37 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Hi Sue,
Your two cones side by side remind me of rainbow sherbert and the colors for your sweater are gorgeous. How lucky are you to have such a massive yarn shop to buy from....very jealous of you...Again!

12:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be very interesting to know what you think of the KPPM book.

11:29 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh what a yummy stash :)I too would be interested in what you think about the Painter's Palette book as that is on my wish list; just not sure about it as yet!!

9:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home