Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Things to make you go Ahhh.....

We haven't got snow but lots of snowdrops.

They always remind me of my Mum and Grandmother. Gran took some to the hospital when Mum was nearing her end....
It's only in the last few years I've stopped feeling really sad when I see them...




And these were in the churchyard.

Happy smiling primroses, very early.....






And a blurred-ish photo of the new lace pattern on Angela wrap.

I'm really enjoying this, and if I continue knitting at the same rate I should finish it at the weekend and then it will ahve only been on the needles for three weeks.... And I haven't just been knitting all day every day, some days not a stitch has been done...



And do you remember the baby elephant blanket. Well it's owner is being christened in May so I've decided to make her a posh shawl....

From the Woollyworkshop, Fiddlesticks Tina Shawl and some white Zephyr Wool - Silk.

Yarn feels lovely and as though it will be a dream to knit.

Think it will have to be the next on the needles...



And now I really must go and do some study, assignment due in on 31st and not a question has been answered yet...

I must get my time & motion problems sorted out

4 Comments:

Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh now that is weird Snowdrops always remind me of my Mum and make me sad too; her name was Eira , which in Welsh means Snow & she loved them. I love the smell of primroses , my they are out early. Love the wrap must get down to doing one as soon as I decide which one . I think it will be one from the book Victorian Lace Today

9:46 am  
Blogger Rain said...

Everything seems to be out so early this year. The lace looks lovely. The shawl you've chosen to next is stunning.

10:35 am  
Blogger Susan said...

Beautiful flowers, gorgeous lace and memories of Mom make me go "Ahhh..." also.

8:17 pm  
Blogger belaybunny said...

the lace is coming on beautifully, I really like the combination of the colours and the pattern. And the christening shawl will look lovely.

11:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home