Friday, November 04, 2011

The dark side

You know how it is, you look on ebay and spy a bargain...

This is a Dryad 4 shaft floor loom.
It cost £75, from Bristol.
In 1949 it cost £12 17s 6d.

It came with it's original booklet (which didn't say how to tie it all together)

As you can see I did have some help with the final ties, after searching on the interwebs for instruction on what needed to be tied together...

A warping frame was constructed yesterday, so now I'm going to try and see if I can work out what I need to do next... I may be some time

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Inthesky said...

Sue that looks exciting, can't wait to see what you do with it. Like you I have an eye for a bargain and if it involves yarn that is even better. I have a partially warped Rigid Heddle loom upstairs I got from someone on Ravelry, but I too don't quite know what I am doing...It is top of my to do list :)

10:12 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

How exciting. Wishing you lots of luck and plenty of time. Seems like you might need it!

3:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home