Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Bad end to a good day

First I get a phone call from friend in Liverpool - his mum (who we managed to get into a nursing home) has been given a few days to live. Apparently her leg has died and they are just waiting for the toxins to move round her body- they could amputate it but as she is so ill ..... Doesn't sound a good way to go... She is one of the handful of people that have known me all my life :-(

Then I speak to his wife, she is going to Cardiff at weekend to see her dying mum. Mum has skin cancer and is down to 6 stone and increased morphine levels....

Then I get a phone call from friend from Uni, her dad died last week, not unexpected as he had been ill for a long time and housebound for about the last three years...

Well I casted on Wedding Ring, managed to knit 6 rows, break the thread and redo two rows. I now realise why you cant do too much 'little' knitting in a day my eyes were not behaving well afterwards...

And tomorrow has got to be a better day - even though I will be writing an assignment on 'care in the community' think I will need to get a large supply of chocolate ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger susoolu said...

What a grim day - so please ignore my frippery comments on your last post (the post hadn't shown up)!

11:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel, I grieve with you. January 9th, I found out my mother's condition turned worse, my sister was rushed to the hospital for emergency blood transfusion as she has an autoimmune disorder and her platelet count was 1000, our only aunt who treated us as humans (my father is the black sheep of the family and we were treated as such) died suddenly the day before and my best friends who are my 3rd DD godparents are divorcing. I did not want to answer the phone, open email for fear that something worse would turn up. I thought tomorrow has to be a better day.

5:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home