Sunday, March 05, 2006

The time of the year

Some days are better than others, some have 'history'. Today is one with history.
It would have been my father's birthday.
Like buses things always happen together - it would have been my uncle's birthday last week, it is nearly the anniversary of my Mum's death (19 years ago). Tomorrow is the anniversary of my cousin's death(13 years ago), throw in several other birthdays and my mood is not as it should be....

All these things do not usually bother me, the one things that really upsets me is when I'm reminded how little support I get from my family. I have a brother who hardly ever contact me - no problem, I've got used to that and as we hardly ever got on when we were younger ...
An Aunt (my mum's sister) who only phones me when she wants something - I last spoke to her beginning of the year. Last year I emailed her when my dad's brother died and she didn't even reply (she was on holiday when I had to go up to Liverpool). I've spent years phoning her up and listening to how busy she is with my cousin (who didn't send me a birthday or Christmas card) and her grandson.
One of the reasons I moved here from Devon was to be nearer family - it is a good job I've make some good friends.

I was going to rant on - but I do feel better now and I remembered that I gave my blog address to one of my best friends and he will be worried...second angel is ok and now going to eat some more chocolate (please dont tell first angel) - it is a Lent thing for any confused readers out there....

7 Comments:

Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

These days hit us all hon; our reasons may not be alike and we are all different, yet all feel the affect.

You'll be strong again, and you have great friends to lean on.

Take care xx

9:04 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

Sue, reading your blog today made me realise that I'm not alone in finding such milestones hard. These things don't go away, but stay with us, only coming to the surface from time to time.
Hope tomorrow is easier and that you find strength to get through some sad days/

10:18 pm  
Blogger blueadt said...

I hit one of mine big style last week & you helped me get through it. Cyber hug on it's way to you....

11:08 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Chin up, girl...these may be grey days but spring will be here soon. Remember the old saying about how you can`t choose your family but you can chose your friends. I`m glad to hear you`ve got good friends to help you through the difficult times.

12:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Woolly Wormhead!! You do have some great friends (and I think I may call myself one too!)

Hang on in there, me dear ... I must admit I cannot understand why some family members inflict such hurt ...

You take care,
Angel

11:07 am  
Blogger Anna said...

I'm riding it with you. My Dad passed in August after a year of tears and it has been hitting me like a bus recently..last year this time we were....x,y,z....It feels like the whole year of his cancer was a bad dream and yet it keeps slamming me in the stomach.

1:00 pm  
Blogger susoolu said...

Yes, those history days, days that need to be travelled through, and out the other side. And sadly, family isn't always what one could hope for, so yippee for friends! And I hope that second angel enjoyed the chocolate.

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home