Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Skipnorth

I've just got back from a really big adventure.
It was good fun meeting fellow knitters and seeing how to spin.



The shopping was amazing,
especially seeing how much one woman can buy in a day...

And mainly for 1p a gram !!



My shopping is all below,






I started and finished my yarn experience at Colinette. The large hanks are 4ply and were £3 each :-)


Got some (ok, rather a lot..) of green for a large throw.


Rest are mainly for thick socks.






Wingham wool stash.
Pretty colours are merino tops,some rainbow dyed..

spinning book,

magazine from Spinners, weavers and dyers guild,

shoe lasts and natural rovings to make felted clogs





Material and multicoloured 4 ply from the Skep.

Thick green from ColdSpring Mill






And before meeting everyone in Haworth I met Ruth and her mum in Texere....

Mainly tops and two cones for shawls.











And another cone for shawls from Knitting and Crochet Guild

Wonderful 'Poetry in Stitches' book,

Elisabeth Zimmerman Almanac, and Peacock Shawl pattern




Stopped with friends on the way back south and went to see The Osmonds on Monday night - couldn't speak on Tuesday morning - too much shouting (dont do singing that well!!)

Thank you to all the Skip crew for making a wonderful weekend, good company, food, wine, cake, knitting, drop spindles, and rather a lot of talking :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

If I'd known you were off to see the Osmonds I'd have hidden myself amongst all that stash so that I could come and swoon. (Jay was always my favourite).

4:17 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

This sounded such fun and what a haul of goodies you brought home!

Love the Poetry in Stitches book. Have a cardigan/jacket and matching wristlets from (aaagh can't remember name!) in Norway and love it to bits.... I'm looking forward to seeing some wonderful things emerge from all that yarn. Do please show and tell every step of the way!

7:37 pm  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

Glad you could join us on Skip North and glad you had fun, I was sitting here thinking how good I had been shopping wise and then after seeing your blog remembered wingham wools and having my shopping sent in the mail lol. Hope to catch up soon

12:14 pm  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Wow, what a haul!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

9:48 pm  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Have just realised you're got me linked up twice in this post....hmmm...!

It was fun, wasn't it?!
xx

9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home