Monday, September 18, 2006

Produce and Purchases

I picked a lot of veg yesterday.
From the left: some very strange tomato type things, think they were called salsa (going to give a gardening friend the rest of them, I didn't like the taste!)
The peppers I picked in one day..(more on the trees..)
And the tomatoes - mixture of varieties, cherry red, plum yellow, and red stripes...



Then all the peppers from several pickings.
The small ones are going to be dried, and so are some of the long ones.
One of the aubergines (egg plants) was eaten last night with a sellection of peppers.

A had a problem with my labelling of plants so cant remember what varieties they are...


And then there was this courgette plant that wanted to live by a pond. She produced lots of babies, unfortuately so did the plants that were planted inthe veg plot.

And I reaaly dont know what to do with them... I feel a roasting coming on and then they can be frozen down as the base to something else....




And Ross charity shops were good today,
This lot cost £4.




And this was £3.50 and weighs 1.3kg.... feels like pure wool as well.
So how many jumpers can I get out of it ?

4 Comments:

Blogger gourdongirl said...

Wish the charity shops round here produced stuff like that, or maybe isabella gets there before me!!!!!

These veg look brilliant.

11:47 pm  
Blogger Kath said...

Try melting a sample of the coned yarn to see if it is pure wool or contains acrylic - if it melts then you do have acrylic in it. Great bargains though - must trawl my local charity shops! Those veg look so colourful and warm as well!

11:24 am  
Blogger Seahorse said...

What fantastic produce! Love your charity shop bargains too.

4:02 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Wow! I'm super impressed with your veg.

Fab bargains too.

7:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home