Monday, September 04, 2006

Wrapping it up...

To be seen at a Knitting and Stitching show near you soon...

Colinette will be at Ally Pally and they have taken a cancellation for NEC, so this might be there....



I know it looks boring, but it as soooo soft and soooo long - another scarf/wrap that is longer than me !!
Made in Tao silk and Parisienne kid mohair.

Please dont adjust your brightness controls... A friend asked if I could finish a scarf someone had started for her.. I said yes and this is what I finished.
I had to pick up the stitches from the start to make the stripes balance.
I hate to say I enjoyed knitting this, nice and simple knit...



This is the diamond fantasy wrap ... I've got another three and a half patterns to do, unless I decided to stop sooner. I'm not really enjoying it....




And this is the Swallowtail shawl from Interweave.
The charts do work... Someone really confused me... The repeats move along the row, the only marker needed is the central one.. I hope I might manage to finish it in the next few days.




And after doing clearing up I realised that I did not like any of my wips apart from this one so all the others have gone to frog pond.

So I only have three wips at the moment.
And I'm hoping to finish the shawls in the next few weeks, the 'sock' jumper/cardi might take a while longer...

So what do I start next ? I fancy something with cables...

And other knitting news, I've booked my place on Skipnorth.

And some exciting news, when I was trying to decided whether to go to Get Knitted open day I read that they might be getting a shop in Bristol....

6 Comments:

Blogger Nickerjac said...

Glad to see you are joining us again :) It should be another good weekend

6:23 pm  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

lovely knitting Sue :-)

I just have to say that the scarf/wrap wouldn't need to be tooooo long to be longer than you are tall... ;-P

8:01 pm  
Blogger Wye Sue said...

You can go off people cant you !!!!

I would just like to say that I am over five foot tall (just)

8:05 pm  
Blogger Fred said...

Do you know I can't think whether Colinette and I have been at a show together but at least there is a chance this time !

Perhaps you should continue the shawl until it is longer than you :P

9:32 pm  
Blogger Frankie said...

Looking forward to admiring these in the flesh at Ally Pally.

7:13 am  
Blogger Rain said...

It looks like you've been really busy.

11:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home