Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Beware where conversations can lead....

It all started with me needing to go to Worcester...

Do you want to meet for lunch ?

I'm on holiday, said Spinny

Do you want to go on an adventure ?

Yep, ok then....

And where did we end up ... well we went south and a bit of east ... and it wasn't hailing this time so I could get a picture of the full sign....


We had a little look round the shop and then went to lunch....

There is a 'gurt lush' (in local speak) cafe just down the hill.

Spicy chicken baguettes and amazing coffee...






And then the girls went shopping, the other Sue was very good and didn't buy any yarn (apart from a ball of sock which she gave to her Mum).

I ended up with some sock as well, I did take out all the other balls someone put into my basket, but this one wanted to come home with me...

I seem to have a pattern developing, two cones of discount yarn and the same book that Sue bought... Modern Classics by Lousia Harding.

Last time I got two cones and the same book Diane bought...

And I've decided I'm not going to go anywhere near Bristol for a while.....

And I admit I'm addicted to lace, I've already cast on Tina shawl

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger blueadt said...

You lucky thing - I wish I lived closer to Bristol :-(

10:44 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

I'm sure I wouldn't have moved from Somerset to France if Get Knitted had been open 3 years ago. Sigh...

8:20 pm  
Blogger Nic said...

Yep and I wouldn't have moved from Monmouth. Dammit!!!

10:03 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

rumour has it that Spinny bought quite a few books! I'd love to meet up with you guys AND visit GetKnitted - next time you plan a trip down south to go there maybe I'll venture up north and we could meet there... Tis only about an hour's drive or maybe an hour and a half if I drive sensibly. Not that I need any more yarn of course. Or books. Oh no. not at all.

10:33 pm  
Blogger Joanna said...

I wish I wasn't so far South, Bristol is a 10hour round trip, it's not fair!

12:18 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

I'm visiting a friend in Bath over Easter, she knits too so we're hoping to go. I'm really excited.

2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home