Sunday, January 07, 2007

Just when I thought....

I was going to start the year on a positive note, no bad news expected, nothing could stop my good intentions to sort myself out - declutter the house, get ahead in my course work for OU, loose my unwanted weight (again) and generally be in a positive frame of mind....

That all changed yesterday afternoon.

One of my neighbours was found dead. They are not sure what happened, the police are involved, he was in his early twenties, and the whole family are inconsolable.

And there is nothing I can do to make it better, no words that I can say.

This is the first un-natural death I have come across and I dont like it.

They know I am here for them and I do hope that they will call on me in the days and weeks ahead.


And now back to the post I was going to do today.....




An aran jumper for me !!

In Jamieson's Shetland Heather, colour pine.

Pattern is the Bed & Breakfast Pullover from Interweave Winter 2003.


And it wont be long or wide enough for me to put my knees in it - If I get that cold I can make a throw/rug/blanket....






And I started something else - this was going to be an Christmas present for my brother but the yarn was late arriving so he might get it for his birthday or I might save it for next Christmas (does that sound too organised ?)

It doesn't look like much from this angle






But looking at it a different way - it changes from stripes into a piano ...

From Magknits
Knitted in Casscade 220 - lovely to knit with ...

Think I spent too long knitting with acrylic at the end of last year....


And I'm off to drink coffee and see if I can finish some knitting and sorting of paperwork, think I need to keep busy.....

6 Comments:

Blogger blueadt said...

OMG - what an awful thing to happen.

12:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awful for everyone involved. I will be thinking of you all.

4:18 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

What a horrid shock for you, and how awful for his family.

6:23 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbour, what a terrible thing to happen.

Your aran sweater looks great so far, it's going to be lovely when it's done. Illusion knitting is just magic!

10:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you had more bad news.

Your aran sweater is looking lovely, it's a really nice colour. How do you knit cable patterns so fast!!

10:47 am  
Blogger Kerry said...

what a terrible shock for everyone involved. Just feeling sincere sympathy for the family is appreciated.

the aran is so beautiful and I'm sure will done very quickly.

2:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home