Thursday, January 04, 2007

Please be kind to your family...

If you do make a Will please dont hide it at the bottom of a pile of boxes to be found twelve months too late.

And if you have any special requests for funeral service dont hide the details at the bottom of a drawer to be found 6 months after you die....

If you do have the urge to cut the leg off a pair of trousers dont put the legless article back in your wardrobe, (but it did help us finish clearing out the bedroom...)

Similarly if you have a huge (and a really do mean huge) hole in a jumper please throw it away...

There is also no need to keep all the clothes from when your children were younger, or all the artwork your children and grandchildren have done...

If you get letters you want to keep one in every book you own is not the answer, nor are drawers in workshops the right place to store them....



We had a productive clearing out session, but we need to do at least two more days inside the house and probably twice as much going through the sheds and workshops outside.

Luckily it was warmish and not too wet - it is very strange being back at home and being able to flush the loo and wash hands afterwards, we had to resort to a bucket of water and baby wipes.


The house was not stay-in-able so we stopped at a local hotel...

Can you guess what is missing from this table ?

(you may need to click and make it bigger..)







While I was away some other friends were staying at my house looking after the cats. When I got back Fi had knitted a crab and seahorse from Dream Toys by Claire Garland, her first knitting in years (sorry I forgot to take a picture of them...) but I did send her away with some needles (knitting & sewing) wool and some stuffing.... I do love it when I can amuse people with acrylic... (and manage to reduce the amount I have in the house...)

And now I'm off to knit an aran for me in pure wool - Heaven !!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

Does this mean I need to have a clear out too? I could do with one. It feels good to get everything sorted though. I hope the rest doesn't take too long.

Happy New Year. I hope it's a good one.

12:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I have cold (thats my excuse I don't want you to think I am just stupid) but I can't see at is missing from the photo....

5:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But will the aran be long enough to put your knees in?

Sounds like you need knitting therapy, will look forward to seeing your progress

9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home