Thursday, March 06, 2008

Wednesday Wye

Sorry for the gap & delay, life was not good to me last week, and this week a productive cold has taken hold...












Last week I was told to keep busy...
So I cast this on, only two days worth of knitting here - it is the daffodil tea shawl by Marianne Kinzel. A very pale yellow colour that will probably be dyed when finished...









And the first socks from the pentathlon, Jacobean.

The choice of yarn was not good to show the pattern but it is very spring-like. Greengage by Silkwood.

I think I finished 37 out of all the contestants, not bad considering I was out for the first two days of knitting.

I did manage to knit both socks together with magic loop - so much easier than having to count ...




And a picture for Anne.

This is the first time I have got this type of orchid to reflower - there are another 4 spikes in bud...

I'm off to Skipnorth tomorrow - I do hope my cold has turned by then. Please be gentle with me in the workshops and I do hope that I keep my germs to myself...

I'll be the one with the red nose and a box of tissues to hand !!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the daffodil tea shawl is wonderful, I'm amazed that you can consider knitting something so beautiful when you are under the weather. I usually take to my bed and hide there for as londg as possible. Hope you recover for your Skipnorth trip.

1:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha, now you're the reason I'm not going to skipnorth then, are you? I have to avoid people with the lurgy...
i hope it clears up by tomorrow, i wouldn't fancy a long drive with a streaming cold.
take lots of photos, so i'll feel like i was there when it's all over!

2:02 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

And I'll be the toher one with the red nose (but as going by train I'm taking lots of small packets of tissues, rather than one big box...)

5:11 pm  
Blogger Jillsknit said...

The tea shawl is bea-u-tiful! I only wish I could be there to give you tissues for your nose. Someday....

1:31 am  
Blogger MandellaUK said...

Hope you feel better soon. Have a great time at Skipnorth, I'm very jealous.

2:03 pm  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Oh, I love the Marianne Kinzel shawl - gorgeous!

7:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you haven't had the best of times lately. Drive carefully!
Love the Daffydilly.

5:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home