Monday, February 11, 2008

Peacock and Purchases

I finally finished my Peacock Feathers Shawl from Fiddlesticks.

Made using Cherry Tree Hill lace weight (cant remember the colour..)

Photos were taken between rugby matches on Saturday..






The colour is not right - more purple and darker in real life...

It is quite big - 84 inches across and 40 inches to the point...

I love my foam mats for blocking and I managed to clear enough space in the conservatory to block - a lot easier than crawling across the spare bed..





The charity shops in Ross were good to me last week...

This lot was the bargain price of £3, love the note on the bag - Rowan Denim - dye comes out !!









And some vintage yarn - I just had to have !!

There were several packets of similar aged yarns in two different shops...











I think this must be older than me...

Patons and Baldwin, there was 2 ply, three ply and four ply...

And two more colours that I forgot to photograph... and they cost less than £4 for the lot..

And I managed to get a 500g cone of 4ply for £1 as well...


The aran jumper arrived, it fits, it has gravy down the front...... brothers !!!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Lovely shawl!! I love the colours. *sigh* I was only talking about the charity shops in Ross and Monmouth at the weekend. When I used to live in Monmouth, I got some great things from there. Rowan and debbie bliss yarn and clothes from boden and other expensive places. Here we are lucky if there is Primark stuff!!

5:57 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Gorgeous shawl. Hope you are bringing it to SkipNorth so I can steal (whoops, what I mean is ADMIRE) it.

And I love those yarns: does that label really say "4-ply excelsior man"? Can you imagine a yarn being given a name like that today?

6:06 pm  
Blogger yvette said...

Beautiful shawl and I love charity shop shopping for wool.

7:05 pm  
Blogger MandellaUK said...

The shawl is lovely. My camera never gets purples right either.

Your charity shops are much classier than ours down here. I'm never lucky enough to find decent yarn. I reckon they keep it back for special customers!

9:05 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful shawl! How is the next one doing?

1:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely colours and used in perfect combination with texture! A triumph - I hope it gats onto Ravelry so I can favourite it straight away! How is the sweet delicate edge done??

9:25 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Score!!!!!

Really lovely shawl. Your lacework is always so inspiring. Lucky girl! You found some really great stuff.

5:54 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

Well they don't even have charity shops here! Glad you got a nice haul because of course you needed to replenish your stash...:)

The shawl is gorgeous!

9:42 pm  
Blogger Micky said...

Beautiful! Very nicely done.
I did one in varigated colors too. Nice to see another version.
:)

12:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home