Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thank Goodness


Sorry these are really bad photos...

I finished knitting brother's Christmas present in the early hours of this morning... I have been panicking for a few days that I wouldn't have enough yarn left to finish, and I wasn't wrong !!

The strange light is due to the sun being out ...

I even managed to get some washing on the line, who knows I might even manage some gardening soon....







I made it to the neck band, and do just enough rows before using another 20% wool for the turn under... this was the best match out of three balls - I'm hoping that he wont notice once it has been sewn together...

And the rest of the yarn is going to a local charity knitter - got to get rid of it somehow...
I was told to get rid of all my acrylic earlier in the week - which proves that I do do what I'm told (sometimes !!!)

And now I'm going to knit with some thing pure and colourful... and probably non blogable (sorry)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

It's just the facing that's in the different yarn, yes? He'll never notice. It will get grubby there anyway, and you can blame it on his aftershave.

8:52 am  
Blogger MandellaUK said...

He'll never notice and it won't be seen there anyway. I got away with a pair of sock toes in a different yarn and even I, as the knitter, was hard pressed to see the difference.

9:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fabulous. He'll never notice the slight change in yarn. You must be very pleased with yourself (not to mention relieved you can move on to other projects).

11:14 am  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Looks gorgeous, and that's a wicked suggestion from the spinning fishwife (shock, horror!).
I've just run out of yarn on that cable cardigan AGAIN, so I know how it feels.

2:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home