Sunday, January 27, 2008

Spot the difference


First a view of the pond - my fish think it is spring and have come up from the depths... poor things will have to wait until I think there will be no frosts before they get some food...










And then a similar view a bit later... and the tree has gone....

Fish are still hopeful though (I counted 50 of them)










And this is how the garden looks now... my arms were getting tired of sawing, so I've left this lot until tomorrow... At least I should be warm next winter (if I get round to getting a wood burner installed)

And hopefully all the sawing will mean that I loose some more weight this week - I'm a woman on a mission...





And this is an unusual view - blue sky...

Second day running I've had washing on the line... I hope it lasts until I've managed to cut up the tree...

I do plan to plant some replacement trees once I get rid of the grass in the front garden - and they wont be planted in a silly place (why plant trees at the edge of the grass ? )

The jumper still needs sewing up - maybe tonight. The different yarn is just on the inside facing - the comment about aftershave made me laugh - I dont think I've ever known him wear the stuff - more likely to be a dirty neck that causes the different colour !!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

I didn't realise that tree surgery was among your many talents! All I did today was sit in a chair and sell gift items (which does nothing for weight loss). Will I recongise you come SkipNorth?

10:47 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Hasn't the weather been beautiful? That's a lovely pond - with decking too!

2:54 am  
Blogger MandellaUK said...

I think the weather over the weekend has cheered us all up. I didn't dry any washing, but some roving got the fresh air treatment. Back to the January blahs today though.

The pond photos are beautiful, even if the fish are confused.

9:02 am  
Blogger Joy said...

I've been meaning to pop in and say "hi" for ages! I will be at Knit and Natter tonight, and managed the Guild meeting in Malvern in January too.

It's great to see the rivers back where they belong isn't it. The Severn has been misbehaving again too.

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home