Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday Wye

Woo Hoo I remembered !!!

The river has been up for most of the week - result of rain in Wales, but it has dropped again..











And a picture for Kate...

I wasn't going to get any closer (for obvious reasons)

These are in a field by the river and the first thing you see when you pass the village sign (the village actual is another mile up the lane...)






And this is where I was at the weekend - Powis Castle, and those are rhododendrons in flower (dont they know it is only mid March ? )

And the next post will have some knitting content - I've nearly finished a gorgeous shawl and daffy is growing slowly...

OMG I've just 'found' Batman on BBC4, guess what I'll be humming tunelessly for the rest of the night....

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

The Wye is looking good!
See you tomorrow

8:57 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

dinnah, dinnah, dinnah, dinnah, dinnah, dinnah, dinnah, dinnah BATMAN! (eek, help, you've got me humming it, too, and I can't even get BBC4) Naughty you taunting Kate with that picture (Note to self: head to local horsey filed on Good Friday to take pics for similar purposes?)

10:41 pm  
Blogger Jillsknit said...

I had to pull up a map to find Powis Castle and got some pics of it. What a beautiful place. You must have had a great time.

12:08 am  
Blogger Kate said...

Love the picture of my "friends"! Are you starting an orchestrated campaign to taunt me? I see you have roped Rosie in also.

As for your suggestion of knitting a blanket for the fellow - I nearly fell of my chair laughing. FYI - he's got a perfectly decent blanket that he is wearing right this minute and I'm too busy knitting skinny (tt)yarn into complicated Niebling patterns.

9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home