Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ward 3

It's been a long day...

Not long back from getting Neil a bed. When we got to hospital an air ambulance was just landing (and disturbing a game of cricket). Got to the ward, and they had given Neil's bed to someone else... so he got put into the emergency bed.
(The helicopter was taking off when I left 45 minutes later)

I set him up with 3 days of phone/radio/tv/web/films
He might try the web but as there is no keyboard and his patience at the best of times is not good (texting does not happen) with just a numeric keypad and arrows it wont be long before he throws it across the room.

So he can watch the wedding if he wants to, but somehow I think he will find something else to amuse himself on Friday.

The nurses on the ward dont know when his op will be, apart from he cant have anything from midnight onwards.. I have to phone 9ish or 10ish.
They have said that I can visit when I want as it takes so long to get there (today the times were right and it was a round trip of 2.5 hours)

The dog next door is in season, our little grey 14 year old seems to be more interested in running the hedge than where his dad is at the moment.. the cat is more interested in chasing his tail on the mat.

Minimal updates tomorrow, dont think I will have any news until 2ish.

And now I'm going to take my boots off and see if there is anything totally mindless to watch...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger blueadt said...

I hope it all goes well tomorrow & that you manage to get some sleep tomorrow....

10:35 pm  
Anonymous ellenog said...

Thinking of you both.
El

12:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you both get some sleep tonight, although you have a better chance, I guess. Hope tomorrow goes well. xx

1:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home