Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hospital Visit

Today we went to Frenchay to discuss the latest set of scans. We had to be there for 9am, so left early when we were ready before 7. I have never got to Bristol so quickly (and we weren't travelling above the speed limit). At 8.10 there was not a lot open at the hospital, luckily the unit was open even if the coffee shop didn't open until 9.30.

The result of the consultation is better than we thought, there are no further tumours, one vertebra is very thin so bloke doesn't know how much metal he can attach to it, might have to use some wire ... think it is the second one down so he should be able to attach stuff to the ones either side.
Artery to head pushed out of the way by 2cm, if damaged could have large stroke.

Think op could be in next few weeks, maybe on a Thursday (cant be on Monday as bloke has a bbq!)
Secretary should be phoning us in next few days.

Neil thinks it might be time to pack a bag... he will have reduced movement in his neck still be able to nod but limited sideways movement.

And now for some knitting:

I have eventually finished Evenstar shawl.
The beading is heavy, the graft in pattern is not as pretty as I would like, but the horseman might not notice...









Here it is blocking in the sun on the newish decking. Knitted in a hand dyed silk that I had in stash for ages. I thought there was enough of the huge ball to complete the shawl, but I was wrong, so I dyed up two slightly different colours, one for the last clue and one for the edging.

It is 54 inches diameter...





And I had a helper telling me what to do...

Now I need to go and find a bag to pack...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Probably Jane said...

I'm glad your assistant is confining himself to advice rather than feeling the need to intervene as fur covered garden rollers as is the case with my 'helpers'.

Another spectacular shawl - the dye job only makes it more beautiful.

My thoughts are with your re the op and hope that all goes well.

12:41 pm  
Blogger Sue Krekorian said...

Very very lovely shawl. I'm so sorry that you and Neil are going through this nightmare.

Anyway, don't forget my proximity to Bristol - anything I can do? Love and hugs xxx

12:49 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Beautiful shawl! I love the colours, and the beads are gorgeous.

Hope the op goes well and that you get a date soon. It was lovely to see you both at Wonderwool.

2:11 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Shawlis looking good, your assistant did a great job:) Glad things went ok, here's hoping the op is sooner rather than later.

7:59 pm  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

The shawl is beautiful, really inspiring.

Lots of love and mojo for you both xx

8:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with cats and blocking?? My Mollie appears from nowhere when I get the blocking boards out, then tries to sleep on my knitting as soon as my back is turned...

Your shawl is beautiful - one day I'll make one, I love the pattern.

I hope all goes well with the op, I'll be thinking of you both.

9:58 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

What a wonderful shawl, I love the way the slightly different colourways come together.

Thinking of you and Neil, and keeping everything crossed for the op.

10:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home