Sunday, July 16, 2006

I think

...I've nearly got it... after my lesson at Colinette yesterday when a lady (whose name I've totally forgotten) pretended to be a spinning wheel.



These are my first showable results - the brown came first and then the blue/green/white mixture and then the white. All were from Winghams the coloured ones are merino and the 'white' swafdale. I was going to use them for felting, and probably will - as the 'balls' are not much use for anything else ;-)

Think I need to work at it, results are either over spun or not spun enough. But I know how to join after having a lot of practice !

I've been invited to go to WSD Guild meeting in August, problem is Diane, has asked if I want to stay at her's and that means meeting her at work and she works here

Message for M - cheek has been known to get some 4 ply but not silk ;-) But thanks for the suggestions - think it will end up as something lacey and shawl like, but not for a while... Knitting nature is next on my list...

3 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

You're certainly making progress with the spinning, you'll be whipping up huge batches in no time. The blue one is gorgeous.

11:34 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

Crumbs, yes, I can see why it might be a "problem" staying with your friend if you go to the WSD meet.

5:50 pm  
Blogger Frankie said...

They look v nice to me - love the colours. Colinette better watch out!

6:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home