Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Purchases

Thanks for all the get well messages, I'm feeling a lot better today, still hotter than I should be, but I managed so knitting this morning which is a sign I'm getting better ;-)

When I said I didn't buy any wool from Stash I forgot to say that I stopped at Colinette on the way north....


Here is some more 4 ply...
I know I've got more than I need but....
And I'm not going to say how much this lot was but I got a *very* good deal ;-)





I also got 10 balls of British Breeds Natural Aran.
Inky-dinky Spider Stole by Fiddlesticks.
The Rowan mag is the one from Stash which has River in it...
Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan,
One Skein, Stahman's Shawls and Scarves,
Folk Knitting in Estonia by Nancy Bush.
And I managed to find Traditional Scandinavian Knitting by Sheila McGregor reduced at Brimstage.
For those that have not seen Knitting Nature, you need to go and get it, different wearable patterns (somehow I managed to order some yarn for the Basalt Tank today..)


They had a scarecrow competition at Brimstage and look which one won - the one doing knitting !!!
I called in at Brimstage after KCG finished in Chester, then went to friends for tea before driving home.

I will post about the weekend tomorrow when I should be able to make more sense...
Some will be pleased to know that I have to work out Mr Mole's pattern as he made lots of new friends over the weekend. So will post when I've played, think of me with a set of dpn's, pen & paper - what are the odds of me trying to knit with the pen and write with needles ?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inky Dinky KAL at some stage in the future?

I'm still thinking about making Ogee or Phyllo and about 15 other patterns from that book!

i'm still trying to work out who they modelled the scarecrow on

8:17 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

The colinette looks gorgeous. Great book haul too.

10:19 am  
Blogger Fred said...

You'd best be careful with that green 4ply or someone may just have it away from you! I agree about the scarecrow - she looks familiar!

8:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home