Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday Sky

Guess where I've been today.....


For their first ever Saturday opening.
And it when well, hello to everyone I met, Cherry who might be posting a very strange picture of me being taught how to spin with someone pretending to be a wheel.. Sorry my brain forgot other details...


This is some of the rehomed yarn - a cone of silk, dont know what it will be but as they pointed out to me it will dye well!
So suggestions of what I can do with 1kg of 4ply silk, please...

And some hanks of Tagliatelli to match some I found yesterday (should do clearing up more often !!)



And I just had to get some 4ply - this time 1kg of interesting blue/green/grey mix.

Some of the new kid mohair in Velvet Leaf that will be something lacey.

Some Lantern Moon needles, just because...


I did also get some of the kid mohair for my nextdoor neighbour, and some giotto but that is going on a journey..

I'm off now to pay with my new needles.

And for those who enjoyed today and want to do it again sometime, Colinette was very pleased with how the day went and I think will be doing it again sometime ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Spinningsue said...

'Just because' is my favourite reason for buying things :-)

8:01 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

What lovelies. The mohair is a gorgeous colour. It looks like the perfect weather for your trip too.

10:31 am  
Blogger Badger said...

It was a great day, wasn't it?! Nice to meet you too :)

1:15 pm  
Blogger m said...

Send me a sample! Or more!!
If in doubt, add it to something, knit lace, double it up and knit..... Those are the first few ideas. You have enough to try out a few samples before starting in on something anyway.

2:53 pm  
Blogger Kath said...

Try 'lucky K8' for the 4ply just watch for errors in the pattern. That will use up, er, some of it!!

7:04 pm  
Blogger Kath said...

Sorry 'lucky k8' is from MagKnits! Also the Summer issue of Interweave knits has some nice tops that may be suitable.

7:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home