Sunday, December 17, 2006

I've seen the light(s)

I think the sheep challenge has gone a bit too far !!!


Look at my lights !!

Dundee likes my lights, do you ?

And when I done some clearing up I might actually put them up, they can go outside but I think the neighbours would not appreciate them....








And in it's finished glory, the aran jumper... and it is as long as it looks - 30 inches, all I can say is I hope she likes it and waits until I cant see her to put her knees in it (best not to ask!)



Thanks to my Secret Santa from KCG forum for these (I did try taking their photo but it ended up too blurred...)




And yesterday I went to my fourth funeral of the year. This is one of the reading I wanted to share for those who are missing people at this time of year.

All is Well.

Death is nothing at all I have only slipped away into the next room I am I and you are you: Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, Speak to me the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone: wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of a shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was: there is absolutely unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight ? I am but waiting for you, For an interval. Somewhere very near, Just around the corner, All is well.



And now I really must write some cards.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Sorry to hear about yet another funeral, Sue, but what comforting words. And as for those lights, am consumed with envy. Where did you find them?

5:48 pm  
Blogger Kerry said...

that post had enough information to be 10 posts. The Aran looks so beautiful and I'm sure it will be one of her favorite christmas gifts ever. Sorry to hear about the funeral, but the thoughts you left were truly beautiful and comforting. - and the sheep lights, well I think they are every knitters holiday decorating dream.

6:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that reading, it pretty much sums up the way I feel about things.

The sheep lights are gorgeous and so is the aran - well done for getting if finished!

6:45 pm  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

Love the lights!

9:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sheep lights & that poem I know so well and holds many memories for me
Great job on the aran

9:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sheep too, and the aran jumper is so gorgeous.

6:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those words are so moving, they were read at the funeral of a dear friend a couple of months ago, and they are comforting.

I am so jealous of those lights!

And yes I still have my cards to write and presents to wrap and post. No chance they will get there before Solstice or Christmas now but it counts if they are posted before then doesn't it?

9:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want those lights!! Where did you get them?

Wonderful words Sue, thanks for sharing. Very apt for this time of year.

11:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow those are such lovely lights ewe must be very pleased with them.

7:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home