Sunday, December 24, 2006

Seasons Greetings


It is getting colder here... this is from a few years ago...

I was going to share my cake with you, but it's sheep are not behaving and they are blending into the icing... And yes I do have sheeps on my Christmas cake - thanks to Sue

I have put a tree up inside, I've planted one outside in a white recycled container (ok, it's an old loo...) I've even managed to deliver all my cards, sing carols, and not get burnt by Christingle candles.
I've had a slight time miscalculation with a cardi for nextdoor, so that will be a new year present.... A part from that all is ready for tomorrow, and I'm not doing the 'usual' Christmas family thing having visited them on Thursday - thank goodness the fog had cleared for most of the journey...

So, I'm hoping to have a quiet day tomorrow, going to make a start on decorating the spare room and I'm going to have faggots for lunch.... This is causing a problem for other people, they think firstly that I shouldn't be by myself, even though I've lived by myself for nearly 10 years, and it is the one day of the year when I need to be with other people... and I should eat turkey.

I'm also going to cast on something for myself - with all the knitting I've done this year hardly any has been for me, think I need to remedy that for next year !

I wish everyone a peaceful holiday whatever you may be doing and eating.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a lovely Christmas day, Sue. I have a yearning to spend the day knitting instead of entertaining. However, must go and do the family thing and cook the lunch. Hopefully knit later!

9:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a Christmas at home by oneself sounds like bliss. Its what we are doing (ok there are 2 of us but we did turn down an invite to dinner with a french chef!) It is possible tobe perfectly selfish without feeling guilty.

However Sue I am very disappointed in you . I would love to have seen a photo of sheep on the Christmas cake. If they are melting into the icing so much the better it add to the surreal quality. There must surely be enough left to take a picture?

5:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only cope with this time of year if home alone.

My family now understand this and it's no longer a hassle. Important to do what feels right for you.

Hope you had a lovely knitty time - just like I did.

8:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home