Saturday, March 24, 2007

A many spun'd thing


You remember the many spun yarn, well this is what it turned into - the far end is me, then Spinny's fine work, then some Wormhead, and then I loose track of the order !!

I think I should have done it a bit narrower but it does make a very chunky neck warmer ;-)









And then someone said the words 'sheep' and 'ebay'

I'd been really good and not been there for a while but this pair caught my eye.

In my defence, I would like to say that I do have a small collection of cruet sets....


Thanks for all the messages from my thoughtful post, I'm sorry if I made you cry, I really didn't mean to :-(
And now that date is behind me I can get on...

Tina shawl has been growing very quickly, at the moment I'm on round 61 of 68 for the border. Then I have 96 points of edging to do. Somehow I dont think there is going to be a problem finishing it before the beginning of May !!!

I also got the results of one of my short courses from the OU. I amazed myself by getting a 61, it was a truly horid course (Fats of Life) and I notice that they have stopped running it now - and if you do want to know what gives butter its taste I might be able to tell you. And the strange fact I found out while trying to answer the end assignment -that yellow margarine could not be sold in Wisconsin until 1967....

And this week I'm off to see Mr Mole in his garden for the last time. He will be at the NEC from Thursday until Sunday. I wont be there on Friday, but should be there on the other days, if you do see me come and say hello.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The neckwarmer is amazing! Just think of the friendship that went into it and you'll never be cold again!

3:18 pm  
Blogger Kat said...

I love the neckwarmer, pieces like that are one of a kind, unique, and nobody will have anything like it!

10:25 pm  
Blogger Stitch 'n Dye said...

Oh how exciting - I did a bit of that yarn - under tuition from Isabella at SkipNorth:) Exciting that yarn I spun has been knitted up.

Am going to NEC Saturday - not volunteered - but will probably pop by for a knit at some stage.

8:47 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

I *heart* Ebay....


...and butter ;)

7:15 am  
Blogger Rain said...

How lovely to have the yarn knitted up and the memories of all who contributed.

Hee hee, ebay, I'm always amazed at what you can get there.

Have fun at the NEC

11:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home