Monday, March 12, 2007

Skipnorth

Sorry but due to a technical problem I took no pictures while away, I did have my camera with me but it was hiding from me....

It was good to catch up with everyone again, and meet new friends.

And to prove I can be good and leave yarn for others to buy here is most of what I bought (there are a few presents for others which I'm not going to share...)

From Winghams - Interweave Summer 2003. The History of Knitting by Richard Rutt - half price (bargain)

A huge cone of dirty yarn, some 3 ply and because I allowed myself a 'get out of jail free card' some milk protein fibre.

I didn't go into one of the roving sheds and only very briefly into the other two sheds - I wish I could have been as controlled with the cakes....

From Coldspring Mills, a kilo of Noro for £25 !

And some cones from the yarn mountain at KCG, the pretty one has 1.8 kgs on it... so it will be split and winging it's way to others eventually.
(and they cost £10)
All very fine, and there is something very silly in planning from them......



The books were from the KCG library duplicates.

A lace pattern that wanted to come home and some interesting bamboo pins that might be used as shawl pins...


And that was all I bought.

I'm impressed with how controlled I can be when I put my mind to it, but I also seem to have a cone problem.......

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Great to meet you at the weekend!

5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been body-snatched by aliens? Where did the restraint come from? :-)

Bring the Richard Rutt book with you on Saturday - I want to have a look at that!!

7:14 pm  
Blogger Gemma said...

Wow, you were restrained (if a kilo of Noro can ever be called restraint!).

It was good to meet you, the crochet was fun!

Gemma x

8:10 pm  
Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

Another model of restraint...!!!
But I can't wait to see what wonderful creation you make from that Noro :)
It was fantastic meeting you, and I am sorry I had a hissy fit in the bullion crochet workshop... *sigh*
Take care
Love
Sarah xXx

12:18 am  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

How very considerate of you to leave yarn for others! :))

5:33 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

wasn't it fun? and thanks for the scrumpy, am nearly well enough to down it soon!

11:01 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

So you're the one who went home with the Noro! I've heard all about it's bargainous nature. It's stunning. Looks like you got some really lovely stuff and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.

11:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to meet you - I hadn't quite twigged that some of your earnest enablement of others was masking such virtuous self-restraint on your own part - although I did see you gleefully clutching a bag of something-or-other (possum?) claiming that you were allowed that because it was wacky lol.

Thanks for the lace support, and for taking my "prosthetic" for me!

9:38 pm  
Blogger Stitch 'n Dye said...

Wow Sue - not like me - but it was my first time... I will go and pick up my yarn stash/mountain mid next week. Thanks for the vacu bags - I just went to find a Dunelm somewhere near me - and found they do mail order! So i now have a stash of vacu bags on their way to me for stashing my new stash:) Thanks again for a go on your Louet - and to Isabelle and her patience.

10:17 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Nice stash of goodies and a kilo of Noro for £25 WOW !!

10:50 am  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

You all sound like you had such a fantastic time, she said wistfully. Next year! (crosses fingers and toes)

3:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home