Monday, May 07, 2007

London

On Saturday I got up too early and managed to get to London without much of a problem. An interesting train route, Hereford, Worcester, Evesham, Oxford, Reading and then finally London. (On the way back I was more direct changed at Newport and the train seemed to go faster...)

And this is where I ended up...
A wool shop with wine and lots of blue squares....





And this is the result of a tired person trying to sew up river squares whilst drinking wine...

I managed to get a wave....

So I unpicked and removed the extra square ....

If you are near Vauxhall and have some spare time before Saturday I'm sure they would love some help sewing some of the rest together....


Look out for the news next Saturday, hopefully there will mention of the River.





And opposite I knit London is a garden

For someone who forgot her camera some picture of pretty plants











An interesting bench, I dont think I'd like to sit on it ;-)










And my first attempt at toe up socks using Wendy Knits pattern.

And for the timings it takes one sock for the return journey to London....

My cousin was on a jury in Liverpool, when asked how long the suspect was missing from a pub the reply was 'one pint', the judge was not familiar with the concept.....




Thanks for your kind thoughts on Tina, the christening was yesterday and granny has promised me some photos.

And now I've worked out how long it takes to knit socks I'm going to try and reduce my stash before I buy anymore... If it wasn't for Wonderwool Wales and Woolfest coming up I would be getting myself worried, I've been in three wool shops recently and come out without buying any yarn.... I'm not on stashalong just being un-naturally good !!

The tank assessor is coming this week, so I should get a new oil tank and then the smell of escaping oil should reduce.....

And now my books are calling me, in the next month I have two assignments due and one exam...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Hurray for first Toe-ups!!!!

Gotta love knitters who provide cocktails. They are true risk takers!!!
I like your wave. I think you should have kept it...kinda commemorates the moment. :)
*Cheers*

4:36 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

Those socks look great, and even attempting to sew up whilst drinking cocktails sounds impressive to me!

7:56 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow the river is really coming along - waves and all you drunken strumpet.

Does this mean you are going to turn into the Sockinator and start churning them out at an alarming pace?

6:34 pm  
Blogger MandellaUK said...

Sounds like you had a great day in London, including the drinks! I know I'm checking in late, but just wanted to say your Tina is awesome too.

10:29 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

I really must try a toe up one of these days; yours look great:)
Oh I do hope I see you at WWW on Sunday :) now I am getting excited !!

5:54 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

hi Sue: have tagged you for a meme; feel free to ignore!

10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home