Thursday, April 05, 2007

Reasons not to blog...


First when I was at Winghams I got some 20% possum 80% merino.
Here is it spun and plied with some merino in various shades of purple.

It was given to the Possum queen at the NEC show, and it is the first of my spun that looks properly usable !!!



Then there is some grey, from an unknown batt - I think it came with my wheel...

Strange spinning from a batt and not a roving or rolag and it did sort of work...






And while at the NEC I went over to the dark side.. I think this is the first time I've actually followed a crochet pattern and it's working !!!

Talking of the NEC it was a very strange show, Thursday was quiet for teaching but we did a lot of PR on the stand and managed to get rid of all the leaflets for Shaun's Picknit before lunchtime.
Friday I stayed at home and had a rest.
Saturday was busy not helped by some of the volunteers not showing up :-(
Lots of finger knitting and teaching knitting and crochet. The stand looked like my living room floor by the end of the day - wool everywhere !
Sunday was quiet again, not many people wanting to learn anything - but I have nearly finished the sheep shawl .. photo soon...

And before anyone asks, I got some beads for presents, some chocolates for another present, some silk undyed hankies and cocoons and some very cheap cotton 4ply also undyed... And none of them look interesting enough for a photo...I will share when they are more colourful...


And this is a reason for not doing housework... I thought something was not quite right and then I realised that a wire had escaped.. So I stopped clearing up and just crocheted and spun instead....

Hopefully the knitting will start again soon....

5 Comments:

Blogger MandellaUK said...

I wish people would stop showing off their crochet. I am hearing the siren call of the hook!

5:57 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

ooo, lovely purpley yarn. does possum feel silky or fluffy or...?

9:54 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Right.



You give "Flash your Stash" a whole new meaning.

6:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had an episode of really bad chest pain the other day too - you know, the sort of stabbing in the chest that makes you sit down... after a quick rummage, I found I had the same problem as you!!!! Hurts, doesn't it :0))))

3:08 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

As I've just read on another blog - housework comes before knitting only in the dictionary.

I've been seeing possum yarn a lot recently - what's it like?

3:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home