Friday, August 31, 2007

It's that time of year....

... to hold a birthday competition...



So if you want the chance of winning some goodies (and there may be 4 ply included..)
Just leave a comment on the answer to this question:



How many circular needles to I have ?



I'm not including my Denise set, and by needle I mean bit of 'string' with points a both ends.


I promise not to buy any more between now and the close - midnight (uk time) on 'the day' next Saturday 8th September.

I will also do my upmost to find all the strays that are hiding round the house.

And something that might help - I use circulars for sock knitting, I have some addi lace and turbo and some knitpicks... and I have no idea what the answer is myself !!!





The postcard arrived from a friend yesterday, very suitable as I'm off to Wales as soon as I've packed.... spending the day helping at Colinette tomorrow (and maybe going to the steam train festival nextdoor)and then there is a food festival somewhere nearby on Sunday.

Have a good weekend !!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Have a great weekend, and happy birthday!

12:51 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Happy birthday weekend:)
I'll guess 53

4:31 pm  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

42. Of course.

(Happy Birthday!)

7:51 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Happy Birthday! I'd say 47 (circular needles, not you, you're 21!)
And did I read that corrcectly: a steam festival next door to Colinette. Just add cider and I'd be in heaven. Have a wonderful time.

12:20 pm  
Blogger m said...

My guess is 37, and I am proabaly way out.

10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to go for a modest 12.

12:06 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

71. I maasively underestimatad your number of DPN sets last year so expect this to still be nowhere near the real figure...

3:27 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

43. I wanted 42, but Spinningfishwife beat me to it. Gah.

6:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heavens, I have no idea how many circular needles you have. Given how many I have, I'm going to guess 18.

Charlotte
cat16@mindspring.com

4:49 am  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

there's an obvious answer - not enough! But if asked to give an actual number, I'll go for 63.

11:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

secret pal guesses 65! I thought that was a highish number, and then started to do a brief tally of my own, and changed my mind right quick.

4:07 pm  
Blogger Stitch 'n Dye said...

Happy Birthday Dear. My guess is 49 pairs. i dread to think how many I have...

10:24 pm  
Blogger Fred said...

I'm going to be really extravagant and say 142.

12:13 am  
Blogger maylin said...

I was going to say 27 until I realised that I had over 50 and you are bound to have more than me so how about 77? BTW Happy Birthday hope you get loads of yarny presents.

4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home