Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Using up 4 ply - slowly....




It was someone's birthday last week... and I made some socks - pattern is from Lace Style book and was an easy knit.

Word of advice - first check the size of your friends feet.... these are a lot bigger than my blockers !!!



And my cardi grows - I've been joining the yarn after each pattern repeat so that the sleeves match the body...
Unfortunately it does not seem to be using up as much of the 4 ply mountain as I thought...







So I bought a pattern to use some more up ...

I saw the original vest at Ally Pally last year and wondered if I could make one....

And now having the pattern I think it will take rather a long time...and will be challenging to say the least..







And some lace patterns have been jumping at me.. At the top Honeybee stole from Knitspot. Anne has some wonderful patterns and sends them really quickly (and it will be next on the needles once I've finished something!!)

And then two patterns from here.

I thought the one on the left might make a good table runner.
The one on the right is a circular with borders to make into a square - clever stuff....


Thanks for all your messages on my results - I still cant believe I got so much, but know that I probably wont with the course I'm doing now !!

If anyone has any ideas for getting rid of earache I would love to hear them (sorry about that choice of words...) Nearly two months of pain and a wait of another month before I get to go to the hospital - I do hope they can sort me out, I'm getting far to0 grizzly and my afternoon sleeps are not good for getting anything done .....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

I know it sounds strange, but if your earache as as a result of some sinus-y thing, putting your head over a steamy bowl of water with a few drops of something eucalyptus-y can make a huge difference. Had a few months of this a few years back and can remember how miserable I felt - and how painful earache is.
Poor you.

11:51 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

sounding even more than strange than Gill's suggestion, I find that drinking hot drinks helps(which I normally avoid like the plague), especially if you also hold the mug near the ear (but not whilst you're actually sipping from it). my earache is usually sinus-related (and it turns out that the kille toothache I had whilst at SkipNorth wasn't toothache at all, just another version of sinus pain) heat might not be such a clever idea if you've got an infection.

meantime that Lucy Neatby pattern looks as if it would either be totally absorbing or ultra-frustrating

take care, and hope you feel heaps better soon

8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you think someone doesn't knit socks for herself? THEY'RE FANTASTIC!

Have you thought of trying the Hopi ear candles? My BIL swears that treatment is the only thing that works for him

12:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home