Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A relaxing time

I did a bit of shopping whilst away..

The new Noro book from Voirrey

Vogue 25th is as good as it should be, lots of things to be tried and patterns to be followed.

I've not seen a piecework before, it doesn't have as many pages as other Interweave mags bu
t covers lots of crafts.

Knit N Style only seems to be available in Borders, it has basic patterns in it that look wearable...




And my main knitting of the weekend - a throw for Lou's sister.
The colours grew on me - I was asked for blue, cream, gold and yellow...

And by the end of the weekend I was getting very tired of it....

I was knitting other little things as well but I'm not going to share until they have been sent off...



And on the way home I stopped off at the best wool shop I've ever been to...

To be fair they actually have two shops as their stock doesn't fit in one....

These are a couple of shots of their 'normal yarn'





The other shop has Noro, Debbie Bliss, Rowan, Colinette and Hanne Falkenberg kits... I was too excited to take any pictures in there - overwhelmed by the amount of yarn....



They have the last stocks of Jaeger Extra fine merino ...





I had already decided that I was only going to buy some Jaeger Extra fine merino - and it was the only yarn I bought...


They did have some old Vogue mags, so the holiday ones for 2004 & 2005 had to be rescued from the counter...












And the nice shop keeper made me take one of these...

A shade card for the discounted yarn...


I was so good - I nearly brought home one of these but decided that I should finish Mermaid first....
Or should that be start and finish Mermaid first !!
I've also been trying to use up the Noro cone I bought at Skipnorth - back and fronts nearly finished - I'm hoping that a cardi for me will be finished by the weekend...

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Wow, what a shop! Looks like your trip was good fun.

6:40 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Not one shop, but two! Be still my beating heart... And how did you manage to resist that kit, you are made of sterner stuff than I.

7:49 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

Sorry it rained so much on you! Tend to get less rain than most places in Abersoch, but had an incredible (not forecasted) gale on Sunday morning, the sound of the caravan roof rippling in the wind (at least that's what it sounded like!) woke me dead early. John was *very* relieved that they'd managed to get the boat out on Sat morning. Rained a bit on Sunday but was clear by the time we had finished packing and left - 4pm maybe?

Can't remember what it did on Saturday. I think we'll have to keep a caravan log in future - might get John a max/min thermometer and a rain gauge for his birthday! I think he'd enjoy an anemometer too, but suspect that might be too pricey for this year. Unless we win the Lottery of course - here's hoping for this evening! ;-)

Lovely and sunny now, but am afraid to go out in the yard for the mice. Eeeek, I know they're only tiny but they make me squirm. Think we'll be spending the bank hol weekend clearing the shed to see if we can find the nest. :-(

1:08 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

I feel like a shopaholic by proxy. Everytime I read your blog you have been to yet another wonderful place and bought more irresistable yarny delight. Good job you have a big house - all the same you might need to build an extension on your conservatory soon... You could charge people for pleasure of rolling in your stash.

7:58 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh Voirrey ? I used to live near there and my daughter still does.
Great looking buys and what a great yarn shop. I am still lusting after a Hanne Falkenberg kit but I really can't justify it with the yarn mountain I have at present

5:31 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Sounds like you had a fab time. The shop(s) look amazing.

I really like the throw.

4:22 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

If it starts with Get and ends with Knitted we're on the same hymn sheet!
Can't wait to get down there.

4:59 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

Plisse looks lovely, I think you should go back and buy it.

9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home