Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cheeky Question...

Someone asked me if I have any oddments of 4 Ply.
In answer to her question, there might be a bit of 4 ply in my stash....

This is the size of the largest 'cakes'
about 250g

This part of my stash fills three tuff crates...

For those that don't know it is Colinette original 4 ply pure wool - they were getting rid of it and it was a bargain... and I probably have more than most people ever did....



The purples, and blues and a bit of natural...

Not being a red girl I only have one lot of really bright red & yellow...

Above was taken from the left hand side, just by the cat who didn't want to move...

And then there is some coned green/grey mixture, enough to make several garments I think !!

A cone of more tasteful red and a couple of brown.

The rest are the smaller oddment sized balls (apart from the violent pink/purple mix at the front right)





And then the earthy mix - greens, browns, orange...

As you can see I haven't got that much in plain colours but more than enough to try some fair isle.

I admit that there is some more but that has a reason for being (and might become one of these -pdf file) I've just got to work out how long the stripes are and how to join it all together....



So in answer to the cheeky question - yes I have so a little bit of oddments of 4 ply.

The approximate weight of the stash - would be about 13 kg, (2 stone sounds worse...)

Think I better get knitting....

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger maylin said...

Well if it was going at a bargain price and was never going to be seen again you had to buy it didn't you? Looks like a very sound investment to me. I love the project you have picked out too.

8:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you! Knew you'd have stacks... you have more 4ply in your stash than anyone else I know :)

9:10 am  
Blogger Joy said...

Just a few oddments then lol!

Will you be at Colinette on the 4th August? I am booked on the crochet course, but it's open day too isn't it?

10:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See I promised not to help myself to the stash! Can you imagine the dreams I had sleeping with that lot?

1:58 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Envious gasps! It all looks so artistically arranged, too.

6:02 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

WOW now this makes me feel a lot better about my stash ; I just need to organize mine better . I too have fair bit of 4ply

8:36 am  
Blogger Rain said...

Yeah, just a bit ;)

It's rude to leave bargains behind.

8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home