Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Woolfest

I'm back home after a big adventure, and a long time in the car !!

I met lots of people, including Ambermoggie, Badger, Alicat, Joy, Wormhead, with her Mum and Auntie, Susoolu, Carrie-Anne, knit-tigger Sarah Sarah Helen Alice Jane and Laura, Jo, the Cleveland Fibre artists, Pat & Linda from Down South, Doreen and her husband, and lots more people...



I didn't take as many photos as some, but here are some sheep waiting in a pen










And these were their friends in the next pen just after having a hair cut...

I wasn't paying enough attention on the breeds, all too exciting ....







Some black sheep with bracken attached










And some cute Alpacas...









This is the balled addition to stash - I got two packs of the wine from Jamiesons - it was rude to leave it behind at a bargain price.

The other ball is one of nettle, I blame Ruth Lee for that one....





And some fibre - the packs are going to go with the green that I have already spun (foolishly I didn't take a sample to match against so went for a contrasting colour)
The Merino & Silk came from Winghams, Ruth got them all out for me and then suggested which one should come home with me - sometimes it is not good when the stall holders know you !!!

And then there is a pattern for Sue the Ewe to please Susan.
Two packs of glove needles from Scottish Fibres.
And some Ashford Dyes from Winghams.

I also got some back copies of Interweave Knits and Spin Off magazines.

And then there were a few fleeces, an Organic Cotswold and a Hebridean, and one from Linda (which is already in a water bath...)

I'm booked in again next year, so see you then :-)

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

And there I was worried that you'd gone quiet because you'd been flooded! Looks like a fabulous haul...

8:09 pm  
Blogger susoolu said...

Well, as Woolly wasn't buying much, someone needed to!

It was lovely to meet up with you again - and thanks for letting me treadle.

9:47 pm  
Blogger Joanna said...

Hi Sue, thanks for popping over! I'll be sure to say hello at Ally Pally this year, I'm already looking forward to next years Woolfest, but I think I could use my stash up in a month, although I have been spinning for a year and not knitted with any of it!

10:42 pm  
Blogger Probably Jane said...

Good to see you again - thanks for the fleece washing advice!

12:13 am  
Blogger acrylik said...

It was lovely to meet you! Looks like you got the most amazing stash there, excellent :)

6:34 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

Next year you need to stay up later, drink more beer and READ THE MANUAL! Great to see you again, roll on next year!

9:41 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

Ooh lovely stuff. Sounds like you had a great time.

10:42 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Awwwwww, Sue the Ewe is very sweet. I especially like the little ruffles around her ankles. So frilly and feminine!
You have adopted some lovelies to take home I see. I'm curious about those dyes. Can't wait to see what you create!

4:23 pm  
Blogger Joy said...

It was very nice to see you again Sue!

And you said mine was a big bag......

6:07 am  
Blogger belaybunny said...

Nice haul there, I must go next year!! but I am going to colinette at the beginning of august, so I'm sure I'll make up for missing out in cumbria ;)

9:10 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Thanks for you kind comments on my blog and i so hope we do meet up soon.
Ruth persudaed both Kath and I get one of those big batts of merino silk too. Great sales lady isn't she :)?

1:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home