Friday, September 07, 2007

Mathematical Knitting

I have the job of trying to organise the KCG stand at Harrogate show.
One of the remits of the guild is education.

So Mathematical knitting from Woollythoughts fits the bill...

Curve of pursuit





And Best of both Whirls.

Made from James Brett Marble.
The plan is to try and make 9 squares and make a large wall hanging.

Now I just have to find some more marble ...




And this is my least favourite boy this week.
Dont be fooled by his cute look...

After being away for two nights I heard something being chased in the night - how can I explain to him that bats are protected and not meant to be caught ?



I managed to get that one out of the house alive.

Then yesterday I found another one dead on my bedroom curtains, and a rodent stinking under my bed...

Apparently there have been several bat watches at church recently and they haven't seen any - perhaps I should send the boy up there so he can show them where he finds them !

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But he loves his mum and wants her to have goodies for her birthday!

10:14 pm  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

... and so do we all ...! The hanging looks as though it's going to be interesting!

1:21 am  
Blogger pat said...

Your Curve is looking good. When it is finished, let me have a picture and I will put it on my website.



Pat

12:49 pm  
Blogger maylin said...

I love that mathematical knitting - something more to go on the 'things I want to do list'

1:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the mathematics - have you ever done patchwork quilting??

1:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cats have brought me (in the last fortnight alone) - chipmunks, snakes ( a wee garden one), butterflies and birds, in varying stages of aliveness or not.

I think they think I'm not very bright, not able to hunt for myself, and they're trying to teach me. Or it's in exchange for the copious amounts of cat crack I feed them.

SP11

5:30 am  
Blogger Jillsknit said...

I was cruising the SP11 list for fun and saw your picture of your "boy". It made me do a double take. My Bert and your kitty are mirror doubles of each other. Even down to the nose spot on one side. Hope yours is as wonderful of a buddy as my boy is!

5:34 am  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Wow, love the woollythoughts squares. Very effective in the marble. 12l

3:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home