Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What I saw last weekend...

If you dont want to see steam trains, strange characters, and scenic pictures move away now..

These two were hiding in the plants for sale at
LLanfair Caereinion station...

They looked a bit strange but nothing like some of the other people about...





This was the train that took me to Welshpool. The journey took about an hour.
I managed to talk to a train widow for some of the journey, discussed knitting with her and on my return to Colinette was told that she visited and bought something !!



A goods train, that was parked up at some point on the return journey.

At the three stations along the line people were swapping trains, some trying to go on all combinations of train & carriages ....

I nearly had a aged man wearing very short leather shorts sit next to me but the needles scared him off...




And a train having a drink....

There was a real ale stall at the station (sorry no cider Rosie) I didn't have any, recovering from pear wine from the night before...












A loud organ that could be heard from a long way away...

There were also lots of men dressed in blue outfits - and I didn't mean to include such a view !!





At the Shrewsbury Steam show the week before this was having a race with a friend...

And lots of men with cameras....

They hung out of windows, waited in fields and stood on embankments, made notes of numbers...



And on Sunday we went to the Welsh Food Festival

It was set in Glansevern Hall Gardens.

These two were fighting in the gardens...





These were pecking in the posh gardens...

There was cider (note for Rosie) there and Gareth did sample some of it...

There were lots of other free samples to be had...





Walking round the lake we noticed this tree...

Think it was lucky to still be standing, an impressive lightening scar down one side ...















And on the Second of September you dont expect the trees to be turning....


This one was just beginning to go lovely orange red colours...








We left before the Welsh dancers performed...













And there was a weather woman ...

I'm so impressed that I managed to get her head in this photo, (if you look hard enough she is there...) It was a lot of a random shot !!
(click for bigger - she is there honest ...)

And the next post will include some knitting...

If you are still reading this and haven't guessed the number of circular needles I have there is still time... think the best answer so far is from Mary-Lou 'not enough' .. I still dont know the answer, need to do some sorting out upstairs and find the ones missing in action or should that be resting !!!

And I would like to thank the local farmer for choosing a nice warm day with a slight breeze to spread chicken muck on the nearest field to my house... and I bet you can all guess which direction the wind is coming from.... and there is no rain due for ages (a bit of a shock there...)


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blimey Sue - why don't we hook up!!! There she is - my gardening VIP client and there's you at Glansevern! You must have missed the whirlwind that was me tasting Welsh wine and Welsh Cheese, and fixating on the Wheat-free stall since the Headmaster revealed the cause of his bloating!!! He has an inspection in October and I am awaiting the revelation that it is all psychosomatic!!
Hey You do not turn up at Colinette without a despatch - I will bring the Crean Cakes!!!!!!!!

10:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cream!!!! Crean is not Welsh for yummy but it should be!!

10:46 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

That all looks perfect (envy, envy, sigh).

7:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home