Friday, October 19, 2007

Let it rain !!


Yesterday was dry and sunny.

I spent a lot of it on a ladder...


This is the state of the guttering - note the gap at the far end between the gutter and the house...



I didn't take that many photos during the day





It took me a while to tie the gutter to the house - it is/was cast iron and I wanted it where I could control it...



(My neighbours did think that I was madder than usual taking photos of what I was doing...)





And dangling in the air... while I tried to work out what to do next...



It did break into three foot lengths when I pulled and I didn't drop them - or fall off the ladder !!!







And the new guttering up.

What I didn't realise is that the back board (facia ?) was very rotten in places, so at some point it will all have to come down and go up again - but that will be a job for another day (month!)








And look it goes round the corner ... and more exciting the water does go into the new water butt...
I ache today !!!



But to prove that I have been having fun




Morris has been in action... this is the result of the tops that Ruth sent me a while back.. it still needs setting - not sure what it will be, probably a scarf ...







And I went on a outing last Friday and got some yarn with a purpose...

No pictures of the whole until tomorrow when It has finished blocking...

Until then here is a small preview - it ended up bigger than I thought it was going to be.. wonders of lace using DK

If anyone can guess what pattern it is they can have the remaining nearly two hanks - just leave a comment...



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no clue! I like the colour!!
I am very impressed with your guttering! Thank you for being my friend on Ravelry! I still feel like a very new girl!!

1:47 pm  
Blogger yvette said...

Well done, I am very impressed. No idea what the yarn is, its very pretty.

9:44 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

did you have rain today? is the guttering doing its stuff? do hope so!

9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home