Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Things I learnt yesterday

Yesterday was my exam in the Blind College in Hereford. I got there early and sat and knitted outside watching and listening to the students.

I learnt that blind students tend to be loud.
White sticks have roller balls at their ground end.
Signs that say 'Silence Exam in progress' aren't necessarily able to be read by all....

Having said that it was an interesting place to spend an hour before my exam, there was a question asked by another student as we waited outside 'can they smell our fear?'

The time past quickly and as usual I've no idea how I've done, but think I've managed to get enough marks to pass. I was not my favourite course, I'm so glad to see the end of it !!

It's strange after all the study I've done in the last year not to have any books that I need to read and remember. I'm having a break from study until February and then it will be my first level three course (gulp)

And today I've spent listening to the rain and knitting. The guttering is not attached to the house yet, I'm hoping that it will be dry at the end of the week and then I can have a go at it - my main worry is how to get the cast iron stuff off without doing me or the house mischief... and is there anything I can tie it to so that it stays where I want it to be...

I'm off to try and finish a shawl, only 54 rows to go, problem is the rows are rather long... there maybe pictures in a few days...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

So glad that you survived the exam! I bet you'll knit up a storm* between now and February.

* not a literal storm, though, please being as today is the 20th anniversary of *that* storm!

7:17 pm  
Blogger Stitch 'n Dye said...

Well done you:) I do hope all OK with the exam. Enjoy your study break - looking forward to Harrogate:)

10:17 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

glad you've got a break now:) enjoy the knitting

5:42 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

I hope the exam results are all ok when they come out, and good luck with level 3 - you can do it!

Good luck with the guttering - I shall have my fingers crossed for good weather.

6:58 pm  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Cross fingers and toes for you. when do you get the results?

See you next Saturday - the K-tog was GREAT!

12:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home