Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ebay - good or bad ?

I'd been so good for a while, apart from the cashmere I got from here.

Then Knitiotherapy had an auction for some lace wool, but that doesn't count as it is for charity...good luck in the moonwalk :-)

And then the bad, since seeing 'The Fishwife' in action at Skipnorth I decided I needed a spinning wheel that would be easy to learn on.

And this arrived a few days ago. So far I've nearly mastered making the wheel go in the correct way, tried to spin something yesterday and ended up with a tangled mess... I'm hoping that when I go here on Sunday someone will be able to show me what I'm doing wrong !


And my latest purchase a cone of Blue Faced Leicester undyed sock wool, from here

Think it's a really good job I'm away most of next week. I would say away from temptation but I'm planning to visit Web of Wool - how much more stock is there in the shop than Anna takes to shows... photos next week, hopefully ;-)

ps does anyone want to help me knit a five foot long wide scarf, I'm getting bored and I've only done a foot of it.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Lol....that`s now three people from SkipNorth that I`ve "persuaded" to buy a wheel....:-D

And a Louet to boot....I approve.

Have you got a nice big capacity mailbox? I`ve got a very good scanned article from Spin-Off called "How to get the best out your Louet S10" or something like that.

2:34 pm  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

Ebay good - that's all you need to know! Congrats on getting a wheel. I'm so close to getting mine that I can almost smell the wood... almost... I have to wait for payday to order. :-)

8:43 pm  
Blogger susoolu said...

Finally caught up with you! So sorry to hear about the WRS, but you should enjoy the puzzle wrap, which is a pretty, pretty thing.

Spinning now? Looking forward to the pictures of the many, many, many fleeces!

4:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home