Saturday, April 29, 2006

The postman always rings twice

And then when you dont answer takes your post nextdoor...
I've been a bad spending girl this week - I blame a bad head ache and the need for nice things...



First I went to here and the following day this lot arrived...
Pattern book as quite a lot of interesting cable jumpers, including one that someone bought to NEC to ask how to block it and I wanted to take it home with me...
Also there is a yarn cutter and clip things to hold knitting together when sewing up.








Then being someone who cant resist a bargain I got this little lot from here The lace jacket was meant to be a pattern for lace snoods, which Richard emailed me straight away.
I'm thinking of which sock pattern to go for first...







And then because I needed some 2.25mm circular needles I went and looked here for them and what happened... some patterns jumped into my basket....
This is what was hiding at a neighbour's this morning - all because I was in the shower and didn't hear the doorbell...





And the reason for the new needles......
Not the easiest to photo too small and fine but I'm sure she will be beautiful when/if she ever is fully grown !


There are two fellow mad knitters, who have started this (and I will link once I have worked out how to and have the time for a reorganisation). I mentioned ages ago that I had started knitting this but hadn't got very far. Last night I read the lastest here and as I was mentioned I picked up my needles... I was using a really naff circular so decided that if I set up on straights I could change to circulars when they arrived and the change in tension wouldn't be noticed by a 'galloping man' (Just realised that I'm surrounded by gallops as well as strawberry fields, so better be careful if I ever finish it and wear it out...)Here it is in it's full two and a bit lace pattern glory, or should that be gory ;-)
I used crochet cotton for the cast on and markers, it's a lot thicker than the silk but seems to have worked so far..... And why did I stay up until 1.30am this morning knitting it ???


And for Mary, See I still have tadpoles... hope they survive their new pond hopefully being constructed the week after next....
Sorry about such a bad photo, water is so low had a problem taking this without falling in...and they are wiggling lots .....

2 Comments:

Blogger susoolu said...

It looks like a 'gooood' spending week! And you cast on for the WRS - looking pretty!

12:42 pm  
Blogger m said...

Thanks for the pic.
I'm convinced that the newts ate all our spawn.
We haven't seen a single tadpole this year.
Last year it was much the same.

10:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home