Thursday, June 15, 2006

Patience

....is a virtue,
Virtue is a grace,
Grace was a little girl who didn't wash her face.
(So my grandmother taught me)

According to Sam (son of Colinette) new yarn will be out 'next week' I saw the web pages looking ready to be updated and sorted out some of the stock for them.. I did go up stairs to the store room but came down empty handed, even managed to walk past last few boxes of four ply...


Main talk of the day was if Wayne would play tonight, we thought that if we were playing against him we would go for his foot... There was lots more suitable girlie footie comments, can't remember what there were now, which is probably a good thing...


They had just put this out, but it did not tempt me, must be the heat....


This is the remaining of pure wool 100g hanks for £5.50, Might have got colours a bit wrong but think its: monet, blue parrot, Moroccoo, moss, dont know the brown colours :-( towards the bottom the light colour is Tosca, bottom shelf Jay or Neptune, and Florentina.
All available via a phone call, say Mad Sue sent you and they will understand !






This did come home with me - it's going to be a summer scarf, just shouted to be let free and out of the short hank boxes.

I did get some yarn for my Secret Pal as well, and I'm sure she will love it. It's so good to be sending to someone really enthusiastic :-)

I also came away with some more yarn for samples - think I talked myself into making them as well. So now got even more knitting and pattern altering to do... but it is enjoyable and I do get yarn money so don't mind opening my big mouth again...

They are debating whether to open on a few Saturdays a year, do you think people will travel to deepest mid Wales ? Also what colours would be good for baby knitting ? Personally I tend to go for non pastels...

3 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

ooooooh... Thanks for the pictures Sue. I'm trying to be my most patient self.
Is that dk? I've got 1 hank of One Zero in each of about 15 colours now. I've already made a few of them up into hats. I've got the colour card thingy but it doesn't work brilliantly because the length of each sample is not long enough to show the full spectrum - so you can get completely the wrong idea. My favourite at the moment is Venezia - it's already made me a very nice brimmed cloche for next winter.
I don't think even Colinette would tempt me to drive all that way and back on one day. More likely to go en route to friends or rellies on the west coast of wales.
It would be great if they put some of their bin-ends on their web site. "Creative threads" and "pallette packs" don't really do it for the bargain hunter in me!

9:48 am  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

I always use non baby colours more fun to knit:) Saturdays would be good days I'd guess for those who work.
And you had to taunt me with colours when I have no money due to the Scottish move:)

6:46 pm  
Blogger blueadt said...

Colinette is just too far for me unless we were in the area on holiday.

I like red for baby knits if the parents have dark hair.

10:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home