Friday, August 18, 2006

The right kind of mail...

When the postman delivered the mail this morning I thanked him for 'nice post' little did I realise what was in the two packages......


Firstly from my Secret Pal, Katherine.

Some more handspun in Scotland wool. I'm going to have to find something interesting to make from it that compliments the lovely earthy colours.

And some fudge from Orkney, might have to be my reward for clearing up ;-)

And a very pretty box of chocolates, not investigated further or the box would be empty !

Thank you Katherine for all your parcels, the pin cushion that is too good to use is hanging on my fire surround :-)




And then there was this parcel from Norway... I did try and take photos as I was opening it but got too excited :-)
This is my lace swap from Rhonna.

Where to start.. lots of Alpaca lace weight, Shetland Garden Faroese Shawl pattern from Sivia Harding, some chocolate covered coffee beans (my favourite !!) and some more chocolate. A shawl pin with a rose design - reminds me of the Rose of Lancashire (and I was born in Lancashire, when Liverpool was in the correct county!!) and then there are some hand turned needles from here that come in their own holder - very posh !! And there are a couple of balls of purple mohair 'just for the fun of it' that wanted to go home with Rhonna... Rhonna also tells me that there is something else on it's way to me... so more excitement :-)
And I cant believe that it only took 2 days to get here....


And if Rhonna was worried about the colour of the Alpaca

Here is what she sent me on the left and some DK that I bought from NEC on the right...

Think the future is going to be purple ;-)







And you know how brown the countryside has been, well it might be turning green again...

These are some of the black clouds that were overhead for a lot of yesterday afternoon.

These are the ones that got me wet when I went to the post with my final SP8 and laceswap parcels - I hope the recipients have as much fun opening them as I did this morning :-)

Now I dont mind the rain I just wish the thunder would stay away...


And more potato answers - yes I have/am growing Pink Fir Apple (and if it wasn't raining so much would go and harvest them !) I dont peel them, I know where they have been growing and just tend to wash them first before cooking.
Just normal compost used for potting up, I'd put the bags on growbag tray to catch the water if you haven't got any soil to stand the bags on...In the greenhouse,I have all plants in pots (or black polythene bags) on trays, easier for watering and makes for stronger plants....

Tomorrow there might be pictures of knitting - realised that I haven't done a knitting post in a while ;-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(chuckling) I do indeed think your future is purple. :-) I'm amazed that the colors match so closely . . .

I'm also pleased to know that the needles do indeed meet the "posh" factor. :-)

Seriously, Sue, I'm very glad to know you're pleased with the package. Keep your eyes peeled for that missing little one!

6:39 pm  
Blogger gourdongirl said...

You are a lucky girl, these are amazing packages!

11:11 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

What fantastic packages.

The future's bright, the future's purple... it's all such a lovely shade.

12:45 am  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Lucky you! I LOVE Drops' Alpaca!! I only bought 2 skeins in dark grey while in Denmark and will be buying tons more of it when I am able to go back.
=:8

3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home