Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

The Good:
My exam result from the OU has been posted today and I got 66% for my exam. I'm dead chuffed, it's the first exam I've taken in nearly twenty years. Now I've got to get my act together to finish the two short courses I'm meant to be doing over the summer....


The Bad:
Cant really think of anything bad, apart from the waistlines of Ross;-)
They bought so much cake on Monday, not only did they take 35 of my cakes they took all the others as well. We made £168, not bad for 3 hours selling...

The Ugly:


It is not often I enjoying knitting something and then when it is finished want to get rid of it !
This is a Basalt top from Knitting Nature.
I did it slightly differently from the pattern, added half hexagons on the sides instead of the whole hexagons.
I thought the neck might be a bit low before I started but it is way too low... and the width has grown, added to my diet taking affect I'm shrinking (!!) So overall it is not something I will ever be wearing (unless I want to make people laugh a lot !!)
The only thing in it's favour are that the yarn was on offer from Get Knitted ......


The future is looking browny/orange :


This is some kid merino that I'm going to make into a shawl for one of my friends. We are both going to be celebrating in September, she is far more orgainised than me and we are off to Spain for her birthday weekend ! I was thinking of an afternoon eating cake and drinking wine for mine !
I was so excited to be one of the eight that have been asked that I thought I would make her something special.
I haven't decided on the pattern yet, it is either going to be something from Simply Stunning or the Diamond Fantasy Shawl.... will see what happens later...

And now I really must go and clear space for the bookcases that should be arriving tomorrow... cant wait for all my books to be in one place and I might even get myself orgainised (but dont hold you breadth on that one !!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Nickerjac said...

Congratulations on The exam results, not sure I could sit an exam now x

5:31 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

That is such good news about your exam. Well done. sorry to see thta Basalt hasn't turned out as you'd wish. What size did you make? I've been thinking of making one as close as possible to my chest measurement (didn't look like a garment that needed ease) to wear as a tank top (er, does one still call them that, or am I supposed to say "slipover"?)Hope that you'll have a rgeat time in Spain in September!

8:23 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

Well done on the exam :)

The basalt looks lovely, it's such a shame it doesn't fit how you wanted it to. I take it froging it isn't an option?

11:20 pm  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

well done Sue:) You did brilliantly. BTW when are you going to Colinette again? Think I may be going for my birthday treat:)
Just need to find a B&B as its way too far now we are in Scotland to do trip in a day

5:01 pm  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

Well done on the exam result. Shame about Basalt because it looks really nice.

5:35 pm  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Congratulations on the exam results. Shame about the Basalt (I knitted a cardigan in Rowan Big Wool, loved the yarn, hated the cardy when it was finished, never been worn!). I adore the colour of the yarn for your friend's present - she's lucky to be getting such a thoughtful gift.

10:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on the exam!

10:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home