Monday, October 16, 2006

Ally Pally and other things...

I was going to post some photos, but blogger says no...
So there will be a few photos at a later date.

Harrogate was a different show, Fashion and Embroidery, lots of pretty things to look at and inspire. I spent a few days with the friend I went to Spain with between shows. I tackled her monster pile of ironing and cleared all the charity shops of their blue wool for the knitted river.

Sorry to Yvonne's mum about the wall.... it was dark when I was trying to park, at least I left the house standing !!

Thanks to Mary's Mum for tea the first night of Ally Pally...

Was wondering whose mum I can descend on next....

Ally Pally was as busy as I thought it would be. There was more disappearing needles and crochet hooks than I thought possible and I found that you can teach 10 children at once while most of them are sitting on the floor or standing up.
I also managed to teach a group of deaf women how to finger knit (I've no idea what I might have said to them in sign language but they went away smiling) I also explained to a one armed lady how to finger knit.

I also managed to remember my name (badge upside down at all times). And I met a few people (sorry I know I'm going to forget some...)

First the non bloggers - from Skipnorth Sue, Laura and Jane.
From Knit & Relax - Adrianne (a wonderful cake maker) and Roberta (a lovely listener)
From West Country Embroiderers - Sue & Cynthia
From Shops - Tess & Les of Silkwood, Sue from Get Knitted, The nice man from Laughing Hens who lent me some crochet hooks for the speed knitting.
Black Sheep crew and the Elle sellers who I taught how to finger knit over breakfast.
I also managed to say in the same hotel as Colinette & staff...

And now the blogger list -
Yvonne, Fred, Sue, Sue, Sue, Ruth, Nic, Mary Lou and her daughters Holly & Emily, Gill, Gill, Mary, Liz, Heather, Nikki, Anne, Gerard, Jan, Hazel, Dawn, Kerrie, susoolu
And I know there were others but sorry I didn't write them down....

I did miss seeing Rosie (and the cider is still in the car for you...) unfortunately life was against her and she did not manage to get to the show :-(

I went on some courses on the Saturday - Lucy Neatby, Prudence Mapstone, Di Gilpin and Ruth Lee.

Wormhead was impressed that Prudence knew her work, I was chuffed that I taught Ruth Lee how to purl backwards...

And if blogger allows there might be pictures at some point - I did manage a Saturday Sky before it got too dark....

4 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Oh, Sue, I was so sad to miss you, too. Incredibly I just couldn't make it, even though a friend offered me (free) her coach/entrance ticket for Sunday. Still, I'll just have more money to spend at SkipNorth. Speaking of money; shall I pay you for the cider now, and drink it in March?!!

11:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to see you again too Sue - let's have a proper catch up when we get together again at Skipnorth in March!

9:07 pm  
Blogger The Gadabouts said...

Hi Sue, it was good to meet you, and to look at your beautful books before the hordes descended.

11:54 pm  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

It was great to meet you! :-)

5:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home