Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Missing Photos

The only way I could get blogger to play was to do a separate photo post....



Saturday Sky.

By the time I got out of the show and realised that I hadn't taken a photo it was getting dark...












And for all those that asked what to do with finger knitting... you get a young child and wrap them up !!!

I would like to say that I did know the child and she asked to be made into a Mummy.... and her Mummy didn't mind.










Prudence Mapstone and Wormhead and her best hat.











Lucy Neatby and an amazing waistcoat.















I'm off to find what I bought and then decide which are for presents and what I can share.... but I think I will be keeping most of the books I got before Ally Pally to myself - the two I've looked at so far are from 1880's one on knitting and one on crochet. Patterns include a 'red riding hood' and 'shawls for the poor', I dont want to damage them by squashing them in the scanner....

If anyone wants a copy of Alice Starmore's Tudor Roses I know someone who has several copies and is willing to take them to Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show at the end of November, drop me an email and we can arrange something...

3 Comments:

Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

I'm gonna photoshop that photo before I put it on my blog - my double chin looks bloody awful!

And don't forget, that Ruth Lee also knew my work :P

2:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily is going to be soooooo thrilled (and I will be able to threaten to show it to prospective boyfriends in years to come - YAY!). Hope you don't mind if I nab a copy for my blog?

3:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow !That Lucy Neatby vest is fabulous..Ruth your chin is fine !

7:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home