Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Harrogate Adventures



After my farce of a birthday tea (one of the girls was in hospital with a bad reoccuring eye infection) I left Liverpool early and went to Coldspring Mills.

The large packet is Freedom Spirt unbanded, in brown, orange and green colours.

The cone on the right is a thin cotton and the other is an interesting mix with added sparkle.







First thing on Thursday morning, one of our first customers, being taught by Kathleen.

With Anne deep in thought reading Yarn Forward





One of the answers of what to do with finger knitting... my latest question was what to do with the large knitting..... depending on the time of day it was make it into a ball, other sensible suggestions were wall hangings and rugs...








And a view of the stand showing Jan & Mav at work.

Next year we are going to knit a screen to stop the cold from the back door. Sorry if I frightened anyone when I shouted ;-)





Some of my purchases - I managed to get the jacket pattern from House of Hemp (they were selling it in kit form, I convinced them that I was going to do it in hemp and got just the pattern !)

Pixie felt and two hanks of lace weight from the Swedish stand (sorry cant remember the name)

Two button braclet kits for the Liverpool girls.

And some goodies from Viking Loom.



And these aren't mine....(honest!!)

And they are going to be sent home a few balls at a time...

How long will it take for a woman to be reunited with her wool, and then how much longer will it take for her to knit it ??






These ones are mine.....

Two kits, one for the Autumn leaves bag, the other for the Glen Ellen Jacket, both patterns in Simply Shetland book 2.


So I had to get the book as well, and then it would be silly not to have book one in my collection, wouldn't it ?








And I found this mug in the Cancer Research Wishes shop.... they have some amazing things, if you see a shop go and look







And do I have to say anything about the answer ?????

4 Comments:

Blogger belaybunny said...

Look at all that Jamiesons. You've got some lovely stuff there. BTW I've changed my username and website, just to confuse you - I was previously belaybunny in case you can't work it out ;) I like the freedom spirit too, it's a really pretty colour - any plans for that yet?

9:08 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

What a haul and all so lovely. It looks like you had a great time.

12:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Errrr.... no.

The cup says it all...

;-P

7:29 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

Droooool! I've not seen the crocs without holes before. I want a pair too.

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home