Thursday, December 14, 2006

Blog Anniversary Competition

Little did I realise when I started this blog nearly a year ago where it would lead...

I've met so many people, taught too many people how to finger knit (as well as knitting with sticks).. ..

I talked garden knitting, had my hands knitting on local telly (thank goodness no one knew they were mine !!)

I knitted a very photogenic Mole and his hill. I've heard today that a group called Friends of the Mole Hashers are interested in Mr Mole hats - I think it is probably best not to ask, but I will find out !!

So I should apologize for the timing of this competition, if you want a break from Christmas preparations and removing cats from trees , please join in.....

I did think about asking the weight of my 4ply stash but that is too heavy to weigh and someone has seen the bags ....

So the question is...... what is the weight in grams (or kilograms) of my spinning and felting stash ?

The answer will not include any partly spun or felted, or the alpaca and raw fleece that are in the shed...
And I promise I wont use any between now and then !

Answers by 26 December in the comments please... I will have an independent weigher to verify the answer. I'm not organized enough to know what the prize is at the moment for the closest answer, but will get there before the closing date, or maybe just after.....







And just to make it fair, there are a few bags in here.....










And a few bits in the bags here....

(this lot came with my wheel)






And best news of the day ....... I've finished the front on the aran, only got the neck and sewing up to do.. photos of it in a finished state tomorrow.

13 Comments:

Blogger maylin said...

How many tries do we get?

9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess at 2kg :O

Congratulations on your first birthday ;)

10:45 pm  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

Happy Blog-day! My guess is 4.7kg

12:05 am  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

3.670 Kg......;-)

(Happy Blogday, btw. )

6:43 pm  
Blogger susoolu said...

Alright, 3.8kg.

Happy Blogiversary!

11:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might have seen your 4 ply stash but I can't count that high!!! ;-P

My guess is.... nah, I let others have a go! :-D

12:39 pm  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Congratulations on your 1st Birthday :)
My guess is 4.250kg

6:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I'll slip in between with 4kg!

12:59 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

I reckon about 2.5 kilos.

Happy Bloggiversary!

1:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried to post the other day to tell everyone that they were way off the mark but blogger wouldn't let me... so here goes again.

9.3kg.

11:54 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

My guess is 5.1kg

7:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about 4.37Kg

5:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never one to do things in moderation I'm going to go for 11kgs

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home